SquareTrade®, the #1-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers, today announced that it has teamed with Staples, the world’s largest office supply company and second largest internet retailer, to resell SquareTrade’s protection plans for eligible products. SquareTrade protection plans are now available in more than 1,500 Staples stores in the U.S. and on Staples.com. Known for its innovative, award-winning approach to device protection, SquareTrade is expected to bring peace of mind and world-class service to millions of Staples customers nationwide.
“Staples makes buying technology easy, and that includes offering the best protection plans available, through the market leader in SquareTrade,” said Scott Rankin, senior vice president of technology merchandising. “Staples’ commitment to putting the customer shopping experience first aligns with SquareTrade’s reputation for innovation, quality and world class service.”
“Staples’ partnership with SquareTrade places the customer experience above all else – from comprehensive coverage to a fast, hassle-free claims experience. We are thrilled to partner with Staples and make SquareTrade protection plans and our unique service available to millions of new customers,” said Steve Abernethy, president and CEO of SquareTrade.
SquareTrade will be available for Staples products ranging from computers to printers, and tablets to furniture, with the following service features available to all Staples customers:
· Free two-way express shipping: SquareTrade will pay all postage for depot repairs.
· Overnight replacement for mobile phones: For the device most of us can’t live without, SquareTrade provides overnight replacement.
· Easy online management: SquareTrade will keep track of all protection plans – organized and accessible in one place online.
· International service coverage: No matter where they are, Staples customers are covered.
· Cancel or Transfer anytime: Staples customers can easily cancel their plan for a refund or transfer it to someone else at anytime online or by phone.
· 24 x 7 support: Staples customers can file a claim whenever they want, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — online, over the phone, or by mail.
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers for its fast and exceptional service. SquareTrade protects mobile devices, laptops and tablets, and other consumer electronics and appliances from malfunctions, accidental damage and life’s frequent mishaps. Unlike old-fashioned warranties, SquareTrade is designed for today’s consumer and uses innovative technology to deliver a zero hassle claims process. SquareTrade has more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently wins industry awards and receives thousands of 5-star reviews for its legendary customer service. Top retailers around the world offer SquareTrade, achieving a 200% increase in sales on average and happier customers. SquareTrade’s rapid transformation of the warranty industry attracted one of the largest private capital raises in 2012, with a $238 million round led by Bain Capital and Bain Capital Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco and London, SquareTrade is privately held. For more information, go to www.squaretrade.com.